In the last week, I’ve started digging into Flutter.
I’m not interested in learning yet another platform/language. Dart (the language for Flutter) is easy to pick up, and Flutter looks like a promising choice for cross-platform mobile development.
But I’m much more keen on learning about clean architecture and hexogonal architecture patterns.
What’s great about this tutorial is that it shows you how to apply test-driven development and a hexogonal architecture step by step.
There are a lot of talks on YouTube about clean architecture, but it’s difficult to learn how to implement such a style with a project.
ResoCoder’s way looks solid, although I’m not fond of using external libraries for sealed unions and non-nullable types. Dart doesn’t offer them out of the box.
Other than that, Dart and Flutter are surely a viable option for developing mobile applications.
Resources for Learning Flutter⌗
- Flutter - From Zero to Hero
- Flutter App with Firebase Authentication and Firestore Tutorial - Crypto Wallet: free YouTube video
- Flutter Crash Course (partly free)
- Flutter Essentials - Learn to make apps for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux (Full Course) (free 2-hour course from FreeCodeCamp, June 2020)
- Flutter Example Apps: a repository of apps for beginner, intermediate and advanced developers
- Flutter TDD Clean Architecture Course by ResoCoder
- Flutter Tutorial - Building a Production App From Scratch (free 1-hour tutorial from FreeCodeCamp, September 2020)
- Flutter Tutorials Handbook
- Flutter Web Crash Course 2020 | Create a Complete Web App for Beginners
- Flutter in 2 hours video (from 2019)
- Flutter in Practice
- Flutter in Practice: shows the process of building a mobile app
- Getting Started with Flutter (tutorial)
- How to Learn Flutter in 2020
- Learn Dart: First Step to Flutter: a free course on Dart (sign-in required)
- The Ultimate Flutter Tutorial for Beginners: a free guide that covers everything to get started