I’m extensively using React Hooks. There are new patterns to learn and some pitfalls to avoid.
Here are some good resources that help with learning more about Hooks:
- A Simple Intro to React Hooks by Dave Ceddia
- How to Use the useReducer Hook by Dave Ceddia
- How the useEffect Hook Works by Dave Ceddia
- How the useContext Hook Works by Dave Ceddia
- Application State Management with React by Kent C. Dodds
- How to use React Context effectively by Kent C. Dodds
- Making setInterval Declarative with React Hooks by Dan Abramov
- A Complete Guide to useEffect by Dan Abramov
- How to fetch data with React Hooks? by Robin Wieruch
- React State with Hooks: useReducer, useState, useContext by Robin Wieruch
- React Hooks: Migration from Class to Function Components by Robin Wieruch
At the moment, I’m struggling with missing dependencies for
useEffect. And I haven’t understood the problem yet, but I’ll be getting there!