This blog post shows my notes from the PDF “Learning to Learn Effectively“ by Jovica Ilic.
The PDF is a bonus for the Mastering Vim Quickly product. The document clocks in at 19 pages and is a quick read with some learning tips.
I only recorded the essential key takeaways:
- strive for change
- measure everything
- track progress visually
- learning is learnable
- take care of yourself (hydrate, breaks, concentration spans, sleep)
- teach someone else
- change your mindset (expect to replay it back)
- expect to teach it (or write about it in a blog post without checking out the original learning resource)
- identify gaps in your knowledge
- implement right away (take action): “Which three things can I learn and put into action right away?”
- take breaks (when your brain gets distracted, it’s time for rest)