I’ve learned lots of useful concepts and techniques from courses on Udemy. Most of my programming education stems from free resources like Udemy, Coursera, or edx.
Udemy courses are very cheap. The platform often runs sales around USD $10.
The course quality differs. You will get everything from crappy material to incredible lessons that will teach you invaluable skills.
I’ve completed dozens of courses. Tutorial hell is real.
Remember to put in the work and practice a lot. Do not code along blindly. Practice the concepts.
Still, I wouldn’t want to miss the experience of many of the classes.
Here are the Udemy courses that I recommend.
- Advanced CSS and Sass: Flexbox, Grid, Animations and More! by Jonas Schmedtmann: the best course of action after you have some basic HTML & CSS knowledge
- The Complete Web Developer in 2020: Zero to Mastery by Andrei Neagoie: the instructor teaches you everything you need to know in an engaging manner
- Svelte Tutorial and Projects Course by John Smilga: great project-based course that teaches you the essential ins and outs of Svelte.js
- NestJS Zero to Hero - Modern TypeScript Back-end Development by Ariel Weinberger: get up to speed with the opiniated back-end framework Nest.js
- Complete React Developer in 2020 (w/ Redux, Hooks, GraphQL) by Andrei Neagoie, Yihua Zhang: this course teaches you advanced topics you will be hard-pressed to find anywhere else as easily
- Typescript: The Complete Developer’s Guide  by Stephen Grider: in-depth, teaches design patterns
- Docker Mastery: with Kubernetes +Swarm from a Docker Captain by Bret Fisher
- Docker for Node.js Projects From a Docker Captain by Bret Fisher
- Complete guide to building an app with .Net Core and React by Neil Cummings: test-driven development with ASP.NET Core, React, TypeScript, MobX
- Build a Backend REST API with Python & Django - Advanced by Mark Winterbottom, Brooke Rutherford: learn test-driven development with Django
- Complete Machine Learning and Data Science: Zero to Mastery by Andrei Neagoie, Daniel Bourke: beginner-friendly and approachable, see my review
- Flutter & Firebase: Build a Complete App for iOS & Android by Andrea Bizzotto: this course is the only one that also teaches you advanced topics
- Flutter REST API Crash Course: Build a Coronavirus App by Andrea Bizzotto: a great crash-course, but it requires some previous basic Flutter knowledge - go through one of the learning resources first